Sunday, April 19, 2009

City Serve 4-19-2009

Today, Supernova was supposed to bring a bunch of stuff to this house reserved for a Nepali refugee family and set their house up. Unfortunately, we got lost on the way and circled around Lake Shore and went back and forth between Chicago and Evanston approximately 532 times. So in the end, we just dropped the stuff off and went to have lunch at Indiatown. Most of us stuffed ourselves at this Indian buffet, and we managed to squeeze free beverages out of the restaurant!

You might find this funny. Courtesy of NotAlwaysRight.com:

Tech Support: “All right…now double-click on the File Manager icon.”

Customer: “That’s why I hate this ‘Windows’–because of the icons–I’m a Protestant, and I don’t believe in icons.”

Tech Support: “Well, that’s just an industry term sir. I don’t believe it was meant to-”

Customer: “I don’t care about any ‘industry terms’. I don’t believe in icons.”

Tech Support: “Well…why don’t you click on the ‘little picture’ of a file cabinet…it’s a ‘little picture’, okay?”

Customer: *hangs up*

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

haha yes, we did go back and forth approximately 532 times if i recall correctly.

Anna said...

Thanks for posting David! haha I enjoyed reading this